4 February 2010

Don't follow Paris Hilton's example and leave keys under the mat

I don't claim to be an expert when it comes to crime prevention advice. I've even made a few rookie errors in my time (like leaving my Christmas shopping in the Caped Crimestopper's car!) That said, I'm proud to say I've never committed the ultimate security no no - leaving keys under the mat.

"What?" I hear you say, "surely no one would be silly enough to leave their house key under the mat?"

Yes, dear readers, it seems some people are that silly. And by 'some people', I am referring to one person in particular - Paris Hilton. Paris was burgled by the Bling Ring Gang, a group that has stolen from numerous celebrity houses in Hollywood.

Former actor Nick Prugo, a member of the Bling Ring Gang who pleaded guilty to his role in the break-ins, has been quoted as saying: "Like, who would leave a door unlocked? Who would leave a lot of money lying around?"

Although Mr Prugo does have a point, people should always keep their doors and windows locked and their keys on them, nobody deserves to be burgled. I'm not really sure what Paris is famous for (I'm not sure if anyone really is) but I'm sure it didn't warrant this.

According to my grand kids, there's lots of young people out there who want to be like Paris Hilton; well here's my tip, dye your hair blonde and dress your pets in costumes if you want to, but never leave your key under your door mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment