2 August 2010

Five places left for the Royal Parks Half Marathon

As a superhero, I have to keep myself in tip-top condition to make sure I’m at my best to catch criminals.
There’s no such thing as off-duty in this business, so I’m always keeping a watchful eye when I’m out for a run on the streets and through the parks where I live.

To push myself even further, I’m thinking about entering a half marathon before setting my sights even higher and take on a full marathon.

I’ve begun my training and already caught the bug  - once you get into the habit, it can become addictive and it’s a great way to get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors.

For many, the events can also help supporters fundraise for charities and that includes Crimestoppers.
Like all good causes, it needs cash to help it continue its work.

Among the events Crimestoppers is championing is the Royal Parks Half Marathon on Sunday, October 10. Crimestoppers is offering guaranteed places for the day, which will take joggers through just over 13 miles of London parks, leading them past Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye, through to Marble Arch and past the Royal Albert Hall.

Those up for the challenge need to pay £20 to cover their registration fee and pledge to raise at least £300.
In return, Crimestoppers will pass on a fundraising pack jammed full of tips and materials to help them gather sponsorship, access to a dedicated team who will offer help and advice and even an enthusiastic cheering squad to help drive them along the route on the day.

Runners also get an exclusive vest to pull on for the run too.

The support is also on offer to anyone who runs on behalf of the charity, with gold bonded places also available for the London Marathon in April next year. Perhaps that could be my second victory?

Would you like to run Royal Parks? Crimestoppers only has five places left so if you want one then email the Crimestoppers events team at events@crimestoppers-uk.org or give Jess a call on 020 8254 3200.

No comments:

Post a Comment