18 December 2009

Be sensible and fight crime this Christmas

I am so ashamed that I let Granny Robyn leave her Christmas shopping in the boot of my 'batmobile'. Being a crime-fighting superhero, I should have known that it really wasn’t best practice in the crime prevention world.

To be honest, it’s taken me a couple of days to get back to my usual self. But once I emerged from wallowing in my self-pity, I realised that I’m not the only one who gets distracted at Christmas-time. Of course, I should have known better, being in the business that I am. But let’s face it, how many of us haven’t made a schoolboy error, leaving us vulnerable to crime, at some stage in our lives?

They say that crime rises over Christmas and New Year and I must say that I’ve seen you lot let your guard down in recent days as Christmas gets nearer. What you should do is read the crime prevention advice available on the charity Crimestoppers’ website. There’s advice specific to the problems that arise at Christmas, home security advice and BBC’s ‘Beat the Burglar’ Michael Fraser even lets you into the mind of a would-be thief.

For those of you who love blogging and social networking like me, don’t post messages online saying that you are not at home. Otherwise you are advertising to burglars the best time to strike.

Take heed my fellow crime-fighters – be sensible and you’ll be fine this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment